What are TikTok Spark Ads and How To Use Them?
What are TikTok Spark Ads?
TikTok Spark Ads are the newest ad format offered by TikTok. It’s the first of its ad services that allows you to make ads out of your original organic posts or other users’ organic videos.
Basically, you can turn organic content that’s already published on TikTok into video ads.
any engagement obtained via the campaign will ultimately be attributed back to the original organic post – which can positively impact the continued success of that post in the future, thanks to the way the TikTok algorithm understands engagement.
Table of Contents
Differences between Spark Ads and regular In-Feed Ads
Regular In-Feed Ads are not linked to an organic account, have a higher CTR due to the number of touch points that redirect to the landing page, and tend to use creative tools available in the marketplace.
On the other hand, TikTok Spark Ads are linked to an organic account, as we have mentioned, both the brand’s and a creator’s accounts. In this case, the CTR is significant as there is an increase in intentional clicks to the landing page, higher engagement, and increased followers and presence with its use.
Think of Spark Ads as the TikTok version of Metas ‘Boosting’ for posts.
How to create Spark Ads on TikTok?
TikTok Spark Ads are a mix between original ads and organic content provided by TikTok. To run these ads, creators must give permission for their posts to be used in advertising campaigns.
Prepare the video
To prepare your video, there are three options you can follow:
- The creator must select the video they want to authorise to be promoted by the brand. By giving access, a video code must be generated in the application that can be shared with advertisers so that they can use the content.
- Find a content creator through the Creator Marketplace provided by TikTok. If your brand partners with a creator found on this marketplace, you can skip the step of generating a code and sync their organic posts directly with TikTok Ads Manager to promote them as Spark Ads.
- Select an organic post from your brand profile to promote with Spark Ads.
Turn it into an ad
After importing videos into TikTok Ads Manager, you can convert organic posts into Spark Ads.
- Create a campaign and set up an ad group.
- On the ad level, select the “Spark Ads” format.
- Under “Upload creatives”, click on “Select posts from library”.
- Choose an approved post you want to use.
- From here, you have the option to add a CTA button and a landing page you want to lead viewers to.`
- Finish creating your ad and click “Submit”.
There is a comprehensive step-by-step process available on TikTok’s business page.
Tips for creating the best Spark Ads
1. Work with influencers
The biggest names on TikTok have millions of dedicated followers, and they’re pushing out organic TikTok content that’s guaranteed to land well with audiences. If you can find an influencer that’s a good fit for your brand, getting them on board will promote brand awareness to a pre-established audience likely to be interested in your business.
With Spark Ads, there’s an exciting chance to change how you find influencers or find the best influencer fit for your brand.
Another way brands can use Spark Ads is to test ad creatives with multiple influencers and assess which performs best. Then use Spark Ads to promote your most successful video and turn it into an ad.
2. Boost Your Best Content
When it comes to working out which pieces of your content you should boost via Spark ads, There are a lot of metrics to take into account, but the most important is engagement and views.
Once you consistently keep an eye on what content performs best and ensure that you’re up to date with the most recent trends, you’ll know exactly what content to turn into spark ads.
3. Monitor your metrics
Once your TikTok Spark ads are running, you next focus should be to analyse and monitor your metrics. With Spark ads, you’re able to see: paid likes, shares and followers (all measured within 1 day of a user seeing the ad), plus paid taps (the number of clicks to your CTA and caption), paid profile visits, and the number of music taps.
4. Use Popular TikTok Trends & Formats
TikTok is a brilliant tool for influencing consumers through creative, fun trends and videos.
You will need to take a different approach with TikTok Spark Ads than with in-feed ads, YouTube ads, or Facebook promotions. To perform well, your branded content will need to feel like ordinary TikTok posts.
By following trends and using popular sounds, you’re creating and sharing content that feels at home on TikTok. This will make users want to stick around to watch your content – ultimately increasing engagement and conversions!
Looking to read more? We’ve got you covered:
- TikTok vs Instagram – What Platform Is Best For Your Business?
- Why your TikTok Campaigns Are Failing