WhatsApp for Business: What you need to know
With the rise in popularity of Facebook Messaging amongst users and businesses, it was only a matter of time before Facebook-owned WhatsApp announced the launch of their own messaging service, WhatsApp Business – a dedicated tool for brands.
The shiny new app provides a range of business-specific tools, including:
• Business Profiles – Helping customers by providing useful information such as a business description, email or shop addresses, and website links.
• Messaging Tools – Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
• Messaging Statistics – Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working
• WhatsApp Web – Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
• Account Type – People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
The new features arrived after WhatsApp introduced their verified accounts last year, the same time they announced the development of business tools. The app giant also noted that it would be easier for users to understand when they were communicating with brands and businesses within the app. This meant utilising features such as text bubble colour changes when engaging with brands.
Given the rising popularity of messaging, it makes sense that Facebook launch business specific tools for the platforms. As two of the most popular messaging systems in the world, Facebook and WhatsApp benefit from the release of a business tool relative to brand audiences and people that they are trying to reach.
From a business perspective, this should also allow more opportunity for businesses looking to expand into new regions and countries. While Messenger may be the key messaging platform in your region, WhatsApp is the leader in many others. With WhatsApp’s new tools, it may be worth investing in these new opportunities to expand your reach and growth.
WhatsApp Business UK is now available to download from Apple. Let us know your thoughts on the app!