How to Schedule TikTok Posts
With a massive 49% of TikTok’s 1.2 billion active monthly users saying that they use the platform to help them make purchasing decisions – it is no surprise that brands are flooding the app in an attempt to help them increase awareness and boost profits.
But like everything else in your marketing strategy, using TikTok successfully for your brand is all about balancing the time invested in creating an established presence on the platform with increasing the benefits it brings to your brand.
After all, focusing all your marketing resources on TikTok is hardly beneficial if it only increases your profits by a tiny percentage.
Luckily, TikTok has released several tools to help you benefit more whilst decreasing the time you need to invest in the platform – one of these tools is native scheduling. In this article, we will walk you through how to use TikTok’s in-app scheduling tool, as well as highlight some alternative options for consideration.
Why Schedule TikTok Posts?
There are several benefits to scheduling your TikTok posts, such as:
- Saving time by batch creating and scheduling content
- Making it easier to post with consistency
- Decreasing the likelihood of forgetting to post
- Increasing engagement by posting at optimum times
- Allowing you to tell brand stories more easily
How to Schedule TikTok Posts: Natively
In Spring 2021 TikTok announced that they have rolled out a new scheduling tool that would allow certain users to schedule their video posts in advance. This new tool would offer those with a Creator or Business Account to plan and schedule their posts anywhere from 15 minutes to 10 days in the future.
This update was well received due to the benefits we have outlined in the above section. However, it offers users a considerably shorter time frame for scheduling when compared to other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram where users can schedule their posts up to 6 months in advance.
How to schedule posts directly within the TikTok app:
- Log in to your Creator or Business Account via a web browser
- Click on the cloud icon in the top right-hand corner of your feed
- You will then be directed to the ‘Upload video’ page where you can:
- Upload videos
- Add a caption
- Add hashtags
- Edit your cover image
- Choose who can see your video
- Edit your privacy settings
- Once you have finished uploading and editing your video – toggle the ‘Schedule video’ setting to on and select a date and time for your video to go live
- Click ‘Schedule’
- You can view your scheduled posts alongside your drafts in your profile view
It’s that simple.
How to Schedule TikTok Posts: Other Options
We have already mentioned how TikTok’s native scheduling tool has its limitations, including the short period you can schedule posts for in the future. This fact makes a strong case for using a third-party tool to help you plan and post your TikTok videos well in advance.
In addition, third-party tools can make it easier to manage and schedule across multiple social media platforms, ultimately saving you time.
There are several great platforms that can be used to schedule TikTok (and other social platforms) content including:
Scheduling TikTok Posts: Summary
Scheduling your brand content on TikTok can be a great way to save time whilst simultaneously boosting the benefits of using the app. Using TikTok’s in-app tool for scheduling is easy to do, but can be limited by time and isn’t compatible with other social platforms.
For those that manage multiple social accounts across multiple platforms, investing in a dedicated social media scheduling tool may be a smarter move.